Sunday, December 13, 2009

Amigurumi Totoro Pattern for you :)



Sharing! :)

This is really a rough pattern - so you'll have to work with me on it -
here goes nothin...

Body:

1) sc 7 in magic ring (7)
2) sc1 & inc 1 in each sc around (14)
3) sc2, inc1 repeat around (21)
4) sc3, inc1 repeat around (28)
5) sc4, inc1 repeat around (35)
6&7) sc around in each (35)
8) sc 14, dec 2, sc 14 dec 2
9) dec1, sc2, dec1, sc1,dec1, sc3, dec1, sc1, dec1, sc5, dec1 sc5, dec1
10) sc3, dec1, sc2, dec1, sc2, dec1, sc3, dec1, dec1, 3scstart of 11th row to end - dec1, sc3, dec1, sc30, inc1, sc11, dec1, sc8, dec1 sc38

Here's where the ears come into play -
 dec next 4, sc1, sc1 into the sc on the OTHER side of the circle in the chain right before the 4 dec sc.
you are making the first ear at this point -
*sc next 7, inc1, sc1, inc1, sc2, dec1, dec to end.

Next ear you work the remaining stitches left on the body so by the end of the first row around you have 4dec and 2sc then continue from *
the tail you will be crocheting directly onto totoros bum -
row one pick up 5 stiches in a circle row two sc twice into each sc ending the 2nd row with a total of 10 stitchesrow three dec 5 knot and your done!
now the arms - they were tricky for me - so tricky in fact I just realized per my notes I didn't write them down...

I do remember I added the arms sinmilar to the way I crocheted on the tail...

Row 1 - crochet 3 stitches into the totoro's side wherever you'd like his arm to be - chain 3 without inserting into the body - sc around inc on the sides of the arms only each time you sc around. work in this way until you have reached your desired length and width. the arms may be loose so feel free to thread the upper part of the arm back into the body if you dont' want him to flap too much.
and the circles on the bellies - are just that - work rows 1 - 5 on the body and keep increasing 7 per row until desired size is reached. Sew onto totoro.

Hope most of you found this helpful - I've never shared pattern of my own before so as mentioned you'll have to bear with me - would love to see some of your completed work if you brave this pattern! :D

Best of luck all! Hugs, Dawn

***This is a free pattern of my design, so please do not sell it. Otherwise, use as you like, but if you make this Totoro to sell you must include a link to this pattern. Thank you!***

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you try it - would really appreciate any feedback on this - thank you and happy creating!:0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...