Monday, June 4, 2012

Collar Necklace in the making...

Man, I feel like I haven't blogged in a while, I suppose there hasn't been anything significant to share. I recently tried to make another potholder but make it wider than the last one and ended up with a very ruffled pot holder. No bueno and no way would I be okay with selling it. So I pulled out the yarn on the pot holders ( really don't like half finished projects sitting around )... and what a bummer - I was looking for an "easy" project before getting back into writing patterns. You know, a kind of mental break.

Ah wells :) - meanwhile I've gotten a few custom order requests... one being for a collar necklace and I get the creative rights to it! Yay! :) LOL all my coworker said was that she wanted it light pink. This is the same coworker I made the flamingo for so when I saw the black pink/teal peacock feather fabric I had I was pretty excited about having the option to use it! And then I found a bit of pink velvet fabric (oh joy! :)) All tolled, in the end I will probably make 3 - 5 collars and see how it goes, allow my coworker to have the pick of the litter and list the rest in the shop.

Here are a few teasers to show you the fabrics :)



I'll be headed to Michaels tomorrow to look for a clasp - I'm getting excited about this project! :)

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...