Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Whisper Twisters Lovely Crochet Designs

Whisper Twister Designs is a beautiful Etsy shop I discovered through Pinterest
I saw a picture of one of her lovely cowl designs and had to make it for myself! 
I purchased her cowl pattern and worked this up over a few days. 




Smitten with the design I went back to her shop and purchased the matching fingerless mitts pattern  

CROCHET PATTERN - Flower for the Wind Chaser Gloves photo from Whisper Twisters Shop

After swooning over the designs in her shop a time or two now, I was intrigued - where do her design ideas come from? How long has she being crocheting? Whisper Twisters graciously answered my questions and I was excited for an opportunity to share a bit of her story and her designs here. Her designs truly bring a lil bit more pretty into the world and I'm thankful for her talents :)

Here are a few of her designs I especially like: 


From left to right: 

Crochet Raised Snowflakes Gloves - PDF Pattern

If you are on Ravelry - her designs can be found there as well. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~♥♥♥~ Thank you again Whisper Twisters for taking the time to answer my questions! :) ~♥♥♥~

How long have you been crocheting and designing?
I learned to crochet when I was 6 years old, but I seriously took it up again few years ago when I decided to make a scarf for myself. I remember how I was sitting outside in one summer and just had to finish it.... I have been hooked ever since.

This is awesome - I can understand just having to finish an item! After I taught myself to crochet in the Air Force I was up late one night and one of the Sergeants came by to make sure our lights were off - I was up awake in bed working on a scarf, I had to quickly put it away.  lol ☺

What is your favorite part of the creative process? 
Definitely buying the yarn - there is so much promise in one skein of yarn... And nowadays there are so many wonderful yarn brands and stores around. I travel quite a lot and truly enjoy getting to know yarn brands of different countries.

When it comes to yarn I completely agree - there is SO much promise in a single skein of yarn. I love it! ☺Great minds think alike ;).
What most inspires your designs? 
I guess I just get an idea in my head and try to work it out (usually everything turns out a bit different from my idea, but that is not necessarily a bad thing).

Who taught you how to crochet? 
My first teachers were my mother and grandmother and the school teacher (in our school, everyone had to learn to crochet and knit, even the boys!).

Which of your designs is your favorite? 
I cannot really choose - I like them all. But I enjoy crocheting the Sand Light gloves the best. I think I have crocheted over hundred pairs of them already.

Over 100 pairs?!?! Awesome! ☺

Are there any designers who inspired your works? 
I get a lot of inspiration from my fellow designers in ETSY and Pinterest.
What fibers do you like to work with most? 
All Alpaca blends.

What is your favorite color?
Ivory white.

Love me some neutral colors! ♥ I love the grays you use in your shop as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~♥♥♥♥♥~

I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about Whisper Twisters Crochet Designs! :) Until next time - happy hooking! :D ;)  ♥ ~Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...