Sunday, August 4, 2013

Distillery, Winery & Brewery all in one day!

For our friends 40th birthday his wonderful wife put together a line up of places for us to visit in the area, complete with a bus that transported us from place to place.

The first stop was Catoctin Creek Distillery in Purcellville, VA.

When we walked into their main lobby I spotted these tiny barrels along side some of their own bottled  whiskey...


We made our way into the distillery room, feasting our eyes on numerous wooden barrels, a few others looked like they might be stainless steel barrels? My husband was quite taken with the distiller itself as was I. It looks very steampunkish... 


Here are a few more shots of the barrels and the room...

After she had so kindly given us our tour and tasting I asked the lady for a picture... that'd be me to the left. 


We were the last group they brought through for a tour of location.. they'll soon be moving to Main Street in Old Town Purcellville, VA.

*****

Back on the bus! 

Our next stop was Dry Mill Winery...


At the tasting.


Their decor was rustic and calming :).
 

Rocking Chair on the patio... great place to relax..


                                 I saw these bottles sitting at our groups table and snapped a pic. 
              We actually drank a total of 6 bottles among our group before heading to the brewery. 
                                                                          They were yummy!

*****

MacDowell Brew Kitchen was next on our list... 

I'm assuming they serve Mud Hound Beer because they had this sign up!


There were so many things to see at this place! Including a beach area with a carved alligator! 
SEE...


On the outskirts of this bar I found a cute looking "Fish Fry" sign.


AND a Charlie Brown Lemonade Stand! Heck yes I had to share this! :)


Last but not least.. was their awesome use of  Barrel as a sink in the bathroom! 


I love this idea... and hopefully someday I'll have one of my own? 
 Or not, that's okay, because at least I have a picture of one... this is so cool!

I hope you enjoyed following along with a bit of the tour. I think I enjoyed the last stop the best because there was so much to see, I didn't take a picture of everything I thought was neat. At some point I became aware that I was really looking like a tourist. Haha. 

Until next time, stay thirsty my friends ;). 
♥ Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...