Sunday, August 25, 2013

Paint me a World...

My husband has been in high demand at work lately. Of course I selfishly want to spend time with him but when we've thought the weekend was ours work calls and either he leaves to go to the office or he goes into the study here at home and gets to it! Recently work called 5 times in one night, one of those calls was at 2:30 AM and I can tell you the guy on the other end was asking my husband to have reports for 7:30 AM's meeting. That was pretty crazy. I know it's not a forever thing and that it will pay in dividends in the near future, but I grew up with a different look at work. You went in, you put in your hours and then you came home able to leave what was at work at work. I think technology is to blame for those lines being blurred. I focus more on home than I do on work I'd say. Making sure the laundry is done so if  my husband has a meeting, the clothes he might need are available... the house to be somewhat presentable so if his boss or a client need to drop by we'd all be comfortable (no underwear hanging out in the bathroom now lol ;)) and groceries/meal planning bought and done so we have food to offer others and sustenance to get back to work or play. These things are important and I'm thankful that I can concern myself with them and that I don't have the kind of job where they call me at all hours of the day. I also count our blessings that he is doing so well that they call on him for the big projects... that being said, today he left for a trip that has him gone for a bit. :( What a bummer. But to spin the downer of being without my best friend for a few days to a positive... I made some art :). I made a treasury for the nonteam treasury challenge. A little bit of dreamy visual poetry to distract me. I'm a bit of a romantic it's true... and distance makes the heart grow fonder ;)... He'll be home before I know it.  :) Right?! ;)


Where I can be held in time with you...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...